TriTAG and light rail
I haven’t forgotten about this blog. However, as a member of TriTAG, the Tri-Cities Transport Action Group, I have spent quite a lot of time recently on the content for our new website — which I am happy to report is now live at tritag.ca. (Tri-cities is for Waterloo, Kitchener, and Cambridge, and for being a catchy name.)
Today’s issue of The Record also carries my op-ed in support of light rail for the Region of Waterloo. It mainly focuses on light rail as the natural evolution of the rapidly growing iXpress bus route.
While TriTAG strongly supports the light rail project, it is by no means a single-issue group and is also focusing on issues relating to transit and urban infrastructure in the Region, including ones addressed in this blog.
Tags: letter to the editor, light rail, region of waterloo rapid transit, the record, tritag
One response to “TriTAG and light rail”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Flexibility in transportation choice
- The future is multi-nodal
- Breaking down the modal barriers with language
- Open Data Waterloo Region
- Barriers to entry and the path of least resistance
- Growing Waterloo Region up with transit infrastructure
- Twelve reasons why vehicular cycling isn’t enough
- Taxpayer money should fund transportation efficiently
- Utility bicycles are exploding in popularity
- Making new urban space in Northdale
Nicely written piece in the Record.